Sunday 13 August 2017

Stitching News

This will be a bit brief because it's Festival Of Quilts, Pilgrimage day!!! 
The coach will be picking us up at 9am (with a few ladies already on it as they got on at the coach's source in The Meir!! 

The first sandwich of the day was my very own, it's a shop sample. I made this quilt to show all the fabrics that are included in our new 6" square packs. 6 x 7 block setting will make a very good sized lap quilt/ sofa throw with the addition of a 1" cut inner border and 4 1/2" cut outer border. The quilt will need 1.30m WOF length for the backing. I only have 3 packs of this colour way left already (I will cut more though) as customers were ordering them as I was cutting the squares. I've also got 6" square packs in blues and creamy lovelies, well I will have on Monday as I didn't quite get them finished yesterday...  because I had to look after customers... hoooray!

Margo will hand quilt her huge sampler quilt.

Norma will machine quilt her beautiful Batik, Hidden Wells 

Sporty Sue needed one more fabric strip of fabric for her inner border treatment and we got to see how it's coming along... Thank you Mr. Knott for being so helpful!

Just Edna has started to join her melons... the first few were tricky but Edna soon 'Got It' and each one took a little less time, and more pins! We are all watching Edna's process...

Alison popped in to show us her two Handy Tote bags. She attended Sue's workshop a couple of weeks ago and is so please that she's going for a third Tote! Toot toot toot Alison, fabulous and finished times two!

No comments: