Monday 23 May 2016

Quilty Quarters

What a treat, Sunday... all to my very own self!!!
It's been tricky to find any luxurious stitchy time for ages now...
Our Bank Holiday Retreat weekend really spoilt me... I want to go back there... every weekend!!! ha ha ha especially for 4 day weekends... can you imagine that? 4 day weekends!!! Well, it's not going to happen here any time soon, I am only 52! All my planning and effort paid off this week though, I did extra chores every evening so... Sunday was mine, all mine! I finished this quilt top, Piano Key borders were just the ticket. What a scrumptious top I made!!! Backing is required next but I don't want to use up the leftover strip sets for that just yet so I've put the top on one side, until...This is finished.
It's called Dazzling Diamonds. It's the project I started at the SPQ (Staffordshire Patchworkers and Quilters) workshop on the 8th May with Jan Hassard...
Oh, errr, yes... that was luxurious stitchy Sunday... so maybe... it hasn't actually been that long since I stitched all day... Oh gosh, one's memory!!! he he he
I'm not going to make this quilt any larger, it will be finished as a wall hanging size, I think...
Do you know the space where it will hang?.. you might have heard me mention it... opposite my loo door! ha ha ha... There's a 'not for blogging' story there!

No comments: