Wednesday 4 May 2016

Home And... Back To Normal?

Actually we got home around teatime on Monday...
I think I've pretty much been asleep since then! ha ha ha
Stitching from about 7-8am to midnight every day has taken it's toll... I haven't been this tired since... well... last time we went on a retreat to Westhope! ...
but now I need to jump to it and get ready for normality.
I got out my camera to share pictures from our wonderful, relaxing and brilliantly catered for retreat, all we had to do, was sew...
There isn't even one photo from our retreat! ha...
I was having soooo much fun that I forgot all about you!
That's how it used to be didn't it?.., before all this digital snap and share age...
So, what happened at Westhope will be staying at Westhope and all 13 of us have some wonderful, fun and giggling filled memories...
and even more unfinished projects!
But wait....
I did find these pictures in my camera, taken before we left...
Princess Jackie is in need of a toot toot toot fanfare for her fabulous and finished gifting cushion... Jackie's own design... what a wonderful gift...
Alfie isn't actually with us yet, lets hope Alfie is a boy!! ha ha ha

Princess Jackie ordered this Bunny book from T'Internet and started to prepare the applique blocks for one of the quilts in it...
She finished the top and sandwiched it during our retreat...
I can't wait for you to see how it turned out!!
I love, love, love this exhibit... It was out in the Paddock display area.
I took this photo at the Traplet British Stitch Village Uttoxeter Quilt Show... even though the quilts seem to be getting less important, we locals still call it Uttoxeter quilt show 
Next year I will put 5 quilts into the show.... 
Yes, at least 5. They won't be winning any prizes but I want to fill the spaces with quilts... If we don't put quilts in the show, we run the risk of turning it into just a retail venue... and as the owner of a wonderful and very local quilt shop... I'd prefer that not to happen, ha ha ha... 
Maybe I need to make 10 quilts... oh dear, but will there be time?... 
Will you help me?... 
Lets all put so many quilts into the show that there's no room for the traders! ha ha ha 
I loved this quilt too...
 what a rubbish picture I took!!!

No comments: