Monday 28 March 2016

Quilty Quarters, Holiday Sewing

So the holiday weekend got off to a great start... too rainey to do the blooming garden... such a shame for me... NOT!
I retreated to Quilty Quarters!!!
The beautiful Batik strip sets have been sitting waiting to be cut up for months. I started this project on the 18th November last year and I've kept re-visiting it, in between making other things of course... and as time allowed. Once I found the pattern to print off again from the Moda Bake Shop website...  progress was made...

Taaa-dahhhh... I used up all of the strip sets... except, I somehow decided that the quilt needs to be enormous so I have run out of Beautiful Batik fabric. I need 14 more units ... I decided to move on to the next waiting project
I managed to get myself a place on the Jan Hassard Workshop being run by SPQ (Staffordshire Patchworkers and Quilters) in May.
We've now received the requirement list and there's homework to be done before we go. we need to make 6 strip sets in different colourways... I got carried away and decided to do three of each strip set so I can make the quilt as big as I like...

I finished that job too...
Except now I want to play with the stip sets... I have the urge... a very strong urge to cut them all up and start something new.... ha ha ha Will I resist???
First I shall pop down to my very own quilt shop to pick up a little more of the Beautiful Batik fabric... I really should get that Batik Bargello-ish project done... but my new urge grows stronger!

No comments: