Sunday 13 March 2016

It Is, What It Is!

Sometimes, your very own little world has to fit in all sorts of stuff that wasn't planned... and you have to run with it...
It can be a bit of a marathon but go you must.
In this blog post, I will show you every single picture that I took this week...
all four of them! ha ha ha.
I kid you not... they are the only photos taken for the whole of this week...
Di Butterfly stitched the final strips together of her Jelly Roll Hexagon quilt centre .. The book said to trim the edges level, so she did... Di thought that idea was a little scary!! But with expert help and those diagonal lines on the ruler... it was soon done and ready for a border or two.
Sporty Sue finished her huge quilt top and the backing and had to set it on one side for sandwiching... that's not going to happen for two weeks so... what to do in the meanwhile? Sue treated her very own self to a Moda Frivol... 42 x 7" squares, a free pattern, a free gift and a collectable tin... it took 4 of us over an hour to decide where to place each square fabric... what a hoot!!
Dilly has a few projects on the go, all at the very same time...
This Attic Window made with a Night Sky panel, the black and white with red trim cushions to finish for gifting to her Mum, only six of them! and now she started more... three kiddy quilts have been commissioned!!
New Sue's quilt was one of the sandwiches booked for Sandwich Saturday yesterday, the only one that I took a picture of... I had a busy shopkeeper day! fabulous fun.
I love playing shop!!! 
Now I'm off back to my shop... I am Spring cleaning, Spring Sorting and... getting ready for the awful stock taking thing I have to do every year.... at least I know it is coming up this year... last year I had completely forgotten... until the last minute...

1 comment:

Nola B. said...

I love the Attic Windows to the Night Sky! Maybe I can find that panel here in Arkansas, USA, and make one for my grandson. Thank you for keeping your blog and pictures up to date. Yours is the only blog I keep up with.

Nola Ballinger
dnjballinger@gmail.com