Monday 28 September 2015

Stitching News

Evidence that Christmas crafting good and early will pay off.
Lorna's Merry Christmas wall hanging is not only fabulous... it's finished!... in good time for this Christmas coming... toot toot toot Lorna... I told you no-one would notice it was supposed to have been for last Christmas... it will remain my secret...!

This is also Lorna's, another festive project destined to be ready for this year, as planned! She's creating a family heirloom. The sandwich is done. The thread colours were chosen too... so Lorna spent Sew Simple Saturday quilting this lovely project.
PM Pam made this lovely lovely kiddie quilt top with a Jen Kingwell pattern.
Pam played the PMS game (Pleasing My Self) on some bits...
but you will never know which bits because...
 I won't tell you that she cut the borders a bit short.
Once the Little Star quilt was sandwiched, Pam moved on to a little Big Stitch Quilting with Perle Thread that co-ordinated perfectly..
What a lovely way to spend a Sew Simple Saturday...
A day when you can sew whatever you like with no-one disturbing you...
Except me and my little purple camera! ha ha
I have been doing a little bit of paper tidying lately. I found this pattern on tracing paper. A few years ago the Uttoxeter group all made this little wall hanging and I had forgotten all about it... I might make a cushion... I chose my fabric and started to make it for my very own self... Customers saw it and some are joining me.. it's a very simple and quick festive tree, fabulous! You will see more trees, I am sure of it.
Close of a lovely stitchy day...
Lovely things on my wall and everywhere ready for monday morning...
today! see you later?

No comments: