Friday 31 October 2014

Kids Quilts Patterns

Kids Quilts, is a lovely company from New Zealand. I have lots of their patterns for sale in my very own quilt shop... I may have mentioned that before... anyway... My Mum Gwynneth decided to have a go at making Farmer Joe's Quiet Book such a lovely project... cuter than cute in fact...
She didn't find it easy but she really enjoyed the challenge. It was actually only tricky because My Mum has never done anything like it before... some parts were a little fiddly and we won't talk about the zip on the back page!
Each of the removable bits, like the bees, chicks, the flower and the shapes on the train, had to be made separately, they're backed with felt then blanket stitched together... But, as you can see, it is fabulous and it is finished... toot toot toot My Mum Gwynneth. Farmer Joe's Quiet Book is on display for you to see, in my very own quilt shop of course!
Josie is making the wall quilt Baby Bear's Nursery
and to say that she's enjoying making it is an understatement! Josie says the pattern is ever so easy to follow... With all the pieces pretty much in place now, there's just a lot of stitching to do. Josie uses a close Zig-zag stitch for her appliqué
Lovely Lyn has her Owlie quilt almost finished, it's quilted, just a little hand stitching for the binding really, such a lovely little picture.

No comments: