Tuesday 26 August 2014

Stitching News and Quilty Quarters

Ooooh, you see this??
I said it would be possible to make this quilt in only a couple of days...
 I went to play sewing in my very own shop yesterday... to quilt my awaiting quilt sandwich. A soggy, wet Bank Holiday Monday was perfect for a day of stitching. My Mum Gwynneth came to play as did Jenny Barlaston... it was a fun day. I completed the quilting, made and stitched on the binding ready for hand sewing... with my lovely new hands... I could very well wear them out at this rate!! After one evening, plus the one hour this morning, of sewing at the speed of light... the binding is finished. 
Toot toot toot.... another fabulous and finished quilt made by me, my very own self...

I already posted this picture but I wanted to put the two lap quilts together so that you could see that both are exactly the same but, at the same time, they are completely different. The only difference  is that they are made with different fabrics. The brighter awesome-orange quilt is made with delicious Art Gallery Fabrics. I chose 8 fabrics and cut the 30 x 10" squares from them. This Perfectly Pastel Girly Girl quilt was made with 30 x 10" squares from a Moda Layer Cake... I love both quilts and both are for gifting!
As for progress in Quilty Quarters?
 It is what it is!!
A little bit of progress is better than none at all!!!

My Mum Gwynneth is determined to perfect her machine appliqué skills... she purchased this pattern from the Festival Of Quilts a couple of weekends ago. It's a tricky one with all those pointy points on the Holly and the Ivy leaves but practice makes perfect!... we are all sure of that!
Jenny was working on top secret workshop samples so I didn't take photos yet. She has made another Foldy Fun project though, ready to inspire you for the upcoming workshop in October... details here
Are you wondering what I might make today.... have you seen this?

No comments: