Thursday 28 August 2014

Stairways And Stitching News

I was, in the end, able to grab an hour or so of  stitching time. I had lots of other things to do ahead of playing with fabric. One of which was visiting and delivering the Girly Girl quilt to it's new owner... Sheila should never again, from this day forward... suffer a cold lap!
I also popped into Caverswall Village Hall to give back my keys and to see how the Caverswall Quilters are getting on... There's going to be another one of those fun Linus Stitching days and you are all invited to go... more info here

I did finish my latest quilt top (pictured), it's based on the Layer Cake pattern for Stairway To Heaven from Moda Bake Shop. I made it a little bit smaller, with me running out of that important fabric! 8 blocks by 10 blocks. Each finished block measures a very accurate 6 1/2", so the quilt top at this stage measures 52" x 65". I like the previous two quilts I made, without borders, but I haven't decided about this one yet... I'm hoping to sandwich it soon, I feel the urge to quilt it so that I can start on another idea!!! not sure what's going on here... but it seems, I'm on a roll!!

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

Its lovely to see you getting some sewing time, you deserve the break, even under the circumstances. You take care and see you soon.
Jeannette (Dil)