Monday 4 August 2014

Quilty Quarters

 All  of my Crown Of Thorn blocks are now finished and sewn together. Each little unit 1.5 inches... that's mostly 1.5 inch, Half Square Triangles (HST's)
At this point the top measures 30" x 22.5" and I used most of two Moda Charm Packs, last season's Basic Grey Christmas one, which I love!
I've decided to border with Flying Geese so, I need 70 of those to start with. Not sure yet what I will do in the corners. Each 'Goose' will be 1.5" x 3" finished.
 I have never found Flying Geese units easy to get accurate and I do so very much like accuracy... but with this method...  it works well... I did cheat a little (PMS... Pleasing My Self) For my 'sky' bits I needed 2 3/8" squares... I rounded them up to 2.5" and trimmed them to be perfect once the Geese were made... it's a little extra work but worth the effort... for me that is, you can please your very own self, can't you...

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

This is going to be stunning.