Thursday 24 January 2013

Stitching News

This coming Saturday, in My Very Own Classroom, we will have the Tote Bag From A Charm Pack workshop. Inspired by all the sample bags that are hanging around in my shop, New Sue made this lovely little bag to gift. It needed to be finished before the workshop so she invented her very own Charm Pack Tote bag... I just need to mention that Sue's very pleased with the pockets on the inside, he he he... very pleased indeed!
This is Sue's latest quilt sandwich, the red fabric making the star-ry design is a Bella Solid called Tomato Soup... Sue calls this her Tomato Soup quilt, which amuses us all. The other fabrics were a Layer Cake... Moda's Independence Trail. There are 100's of bonus HST's (half square triangles) left from making this design... I wonder what Sue will make with them... surely she hasn't forgotten about them? I know I haven't... he he he
Princess Jackie's 'nother quilt, beautifully stitched applique and her very own design to boot... it's quite a large quilt so, as we had moved tables for New Sue's Tomato Soup quilt, Jackie spied the opportunity to make a second sandwich... the problem with sandwiching two quilts at the very same time?... not enough pins! It's a good job I have my very own quilt shop right next to my very own classroom eh!... and you don't even have to go outside to get there... yeeeeha!

No comments: