Monday 21 January 2013

Happy Birthday To Me

So, Saturday 19th January was my very own birthday. 49 and counting! Thank you to everyone for the text messages and phone calls, visits and cards, and the bottles of wine... not opening them just yet though... testing? testing? Very testing!
My Dad made a Cherry Madeira cake, which was delicious.
I'm just telling you a bit about my Birthday because there's another, very special, Birthday only a few weeks away... My Very Own Patchwork and Quilting Shop will be One Year Old on Saturday 9th March... the time has flown by, it's been hard work with extreeeeemly long hours but I have loved it.
I've been pondering ideas about how to celebrate the event. I am still pondering really but I have decided on one thing... Bunting.
I'm wishing to have Birthday Bunting hanging everywhere. My shop has always got bunting hanging outside actually but this is a special occasion calling for extra special bunting. Most of the folk that come to play in My Very Own Classroom have offered to make a 'bit of bunting' so I'm going to be handing out a piece of stabilizer cut into my bunting shape, that will be the only guideline really as I do want it to be similar in shape and size. The theme will be Happy Birthday... that took a lot of working out!! I'll keep you up to date with any progress, hopefully with pictures!

1 comment:

angiesangel said...

Very cool idea :) Happy Birthday Mamae!!