Saturday 7 April 2012

Thursday Quilt Class

 New Sue's went shopping and bought beautiful Batik fabric... she wanted to make a quick lap size quilt as a gift... The Railfence has to be a winner when you need a quick finish... except when you play with the design and fabric placement... then it takes a little longer because it's easy to get lost making your zig zaggy lines... I guess you could call it a double Railfence?
Brenda Barbara had a farm eeei eeei ooooo... and it's coming along a treat. She decided to give up on the turned appliqué though and to use the "Sticky Stuff and Blanket Stitch" method... It's my favourite and much easier for little tiny shapes with twists and turns and sharp edges. With this easier method Brenda is adding more grasses, hay bails and there might even be a pig food trough! The pins look great with their pretty flower heads don't they, he he
Judith popped in to very proudly show us her progress... she's a Monday Beginner Class lady... though the label of beginner needs to be removed already... look at the fabulous pieced backing she invented.. it's quite brilliant isn't it... Judith will be making a sandwich in the next class... She did say something quite strange though... something like... "It's a bit addictive isn't it, I didn't want to leave it... I really need to get my chores done now"...
I thought to my very own self for a moment and decided...  "Hmmmm, that sounds familiar". whoooooo hoooo!!!

1 comment:

Diane-crewe said...

sounds VERY familiar to me!! lol I have a choice this am.... cleaning...or...sewing? mm where are my scissors ....