Tuesday 20 March 2012

Wendy's Bargello

Wendy made this quilt a while ago, over a year ago actually so it's almost an antique for the speed Wendy makes quilts, he he he... She brought it in to show us (to show to Maggie in particular as she's making a Bargello quilt right now) that if we only take 'half steps' there's no seam matching to do... It's a method Wendy saw in an Eleanor Burns programme shown here on TV. It's very effective isn't it. Take little notice of the colours, those lights at Caverswall Village Hall make it look rather greeny/yellow in my photo, but it's not, it's creamy/floral and lovely.
We'll be back at Caverswall for our regular Quilt Cave meeting on Wednesday 21st March 10am - 3pm as usual.

2 comments:

Annabelle said...

Lovely floral quilt - I love floral. Forgot to look yesterday and now I see THE QUILT SHOP. Yippee - shop looks huge. Congrats hope it goes really well for you. xx

Babs Banter/QUILTECH said...

Thankyou yet again Angie for encouraging me to persevere with the JUKI. Now like it very much. Am positively reluctant to return to my old Bernina machine which has been returned from the machine shop after repair.

Congrats on your new shop. My granddaughter is moving nearer your place so might pop in one day if I'm in the vicinity! Trust you have a kettle?