Tuesday 13 March 2012

Tuesday Quilt Class

Uttoxeter quilt group found my very own quilt shop this morning.... This was their first meeting in my new shop. They soon settled down to work. Giggly Gillian finished adding the sashing and borders to her flock of sheep quilt. She purchased the fabric for the borders weeks ago but, after adding the sashing, her borders were too short, just as I had warned her... she bought extra fabric, so now there's enough to make the backing as well, unless Gillian changes her mind, as she is inclined to do...

Lovely Lyn had finished the appliqué stitching on her chicken quilt so she bought a fat quarter of the much loved 'Chicken' fabric and made her sandwich... on the extra height table to stop her getting back ache... it is only a small quilt.. don't go thinking I have giant tables for making sandwiches on. This photo shows the quilting very well, there's going to be 'loop-d-loops all over the background too. Marisabel and Messy Maureen came to play... no pictures of what they were up to though...
... So, I will show you a corner of my very own quilt shop... I love it, I love being there, I love the light, I love playing shop... I love how people are reacting as they come in to look around... see all the "Good Luck" cards?... so many good wishes on my shop counter, flowers and chocolates and all....
The new chairs arrived... they look fabulous!!! More pictures soon...

Tomorrow, Wednesday 14th March, we are back at Caverswall Village Hall, 10am - 3pm... I had to go back to my very own quilt shop this evening to pack stuff to take with me, Fat Quarters and threads, plus a few essentials, like blades, needles and wadding... There will be a much smaller Table Top Shop from now on.

6 comments:

Annabelle said...

How amazing! Good luck to all you lucky ladies. Shop looks impressive. xx

Unknown said...

Well done Angie! It looks fabulous - quite a turnaround from your earlier piccies. Enjoy it! I get butterflies every time I open the front door too...Here's to keeping the quilters of Staffordshire well stocked and inspired to quilt for many years to come! xx

Helen said...

Looks lovely and fresh and bright. Will have to come and visit one of these days!! Bjs Helen

Vicki said...

Congratulations, Angie! The shop looks lovely. I can't imagine your excitement. Would you ever have imagined this while we were in Portugal?

The best of luck to you in this venture,
Vicki Miles

angiesangel said...

I'm very proud of my mae :) xxxxxxx

Maggi said...

First of all congratulations on the shop. It looks so fresh and bright and I'm sure that it is going to be a huge success. Seems like you have a veritable farmyard there as well with the chickens and sheep.