Monday 14 November 2011

Quilty Quarters 2?

A lady asked me ages ago to sell her Bernina and her Horn Sewing Cabinet for her. I couldn't find anyone who wanted to purchase, which is a shame really, it's been months and now the time came that the lady needing it gone... so...
ta daaaaa...
meet MY new cabinet and My new, old 1000 Special Bernina...
These Horne cabinets are so clever, the machine can be used at the height you see here making it a flat bed, which makes quilting much easier or, with the flick of a lever the machine can sit at table height.  There's a second workspace that comes up as you pull the drawer unit out, they live in the gap underneath , you can just about see wheel tracks on the carpet there...
 The work surface to the left folds over to be the cabinet top and the door can be closed when all is put away... like this, impressive eh!
This will not fit in my Quilty Quarters, well, don't let that put me off eh...  This is the room where I store Table Top Shop, wadding on the side, you could say it's Quilty Quarters number 2!

3 comments:

Maggi said...

A lovely acquisition. I have often considered a Horn cabinet but don't have the room to use one open.

Annabelle said...

Angie, you naughty, naughty girl. Seems like a clever solution to a space related problem of the crafting community though.

Pattilou said...

Nice addition!