Tuesday 6 September 2011

Quilty Quarters


Arty Beryl attended the Katharine Guerrier workshop that we had at the beginning of June. She had made lots of HST's (Half Square Triangle's) some of which she made into Pin-wheel blocks. Beryl had made more Pin-wheel blocks than she really needed... so she donated the surplus ones, enough to be one block short of a quilt actually... so today, I made an appliqué heart block to fill in the space and I stitched the blocks into this quilt top, it only took a few hours. I rooted and rooted to find a perfect backing fabric, found a good sized piece of wadding and made a lovely small sandwich on my floor. Now to quilt it... simple meandering will be perfect.

1 comment:

Maggi said...

I can't keep up with you! Brilliant idea to use the heart as the fill in block.