Friday 19 August 2011

My Mum (Gwynneth)

My Mum (Gwynneth) only started to come to Quilt Cave meetings so that she could help me out with the Table Top Shop. At the time, June last year, she was not and had never wanted to be, "A Quilter". She was happy knitting and making gorgeous lace things with millions of bobbins, look here. On her first day, at my suggestion, she bought her lace making pillow, with millions of bobbins of course, to do a bit of bobbin work in between selling things and taking money from the ladies.
 I don't think she even got it out of her bag... Second day she came to play, she chose a few fabrics and over the next few weeks, she made a Railfence table runner... as most beginners do, but she added Churndash blocks and a few other changes, to make it original,... after that she made two Bento Box quilts, I had used the fabrics to demonstrate how to make the Bento Box block and Mum continued and finished them..
See the quilts in the picture above... they're some of the quilts My Mum has made over the year... yes... one year!... 
There were others and they have been given as gifts, 4 I think. There were table runners made for Christmas presents and raffle prizes too and a few bags made and sold. She's working on quilting the Pineapple Blossom now and binding her Friendship Star quilt at the same time. 
You know she still denies being "A Quilter.. what do you think?

4 comments:

Maggi said...

Oh yes, definitely a non-quilter!!! What a beautiful selection.

Becky said...

I think she needs to just break down and join the club... Hello My name is Gwynneth and I'm hopeless consumed by quilting

Quinta da Quilter said...

Imagine if she were a quilter??!!

Sheila said...

What beautiful quilts your Mom has made. I bet she has a half dozen projects going at once. Just wait till she becomes a quilter and see how many she makes. :) Have a great weekend!