Sunday 19 June 2011

Quilty Quarters

Not a great lot achieved on this quilt... but progress, all the same. I finished each of the setting triangles, and pretty much decided on the block placement. I will have to be careful with the edges as they are all on the bias. I spent a lot of time rooting, you know how I love rooting! searching for the perfect sashing fabric, I was quite surprised how great this green looks as sashing.. it seems to calm down all the brightness... a little bit? I have stitchy time planned for today... maybe I can get it all sewn together... then I can root some more while I decide what to put in my borders... 
I'll be visiting Joan The Shop this afternoon, poor thing is still in hospital, bored stiff. I wonder how many hexagons she's made... best take my camera... just in case there's a quilt to blog about! he he he

2 comments:

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

Beautiful quilt Angie! Yes, the green is just perfect!

Colleen said...

Angie I love the color combinations in your stack and whack quilt. The background and sashing are amazing with the bright reds!!! love it!