Tuesday 17 May 2011

Quilty Quarters

I finished free motion quilting Mum's quilt on the Juki TL-98 P... a fabulous machine, it has to be said. I wouldn't like to learn to do free motion on it though. I have gone back to my beloved Bernina Aurora for a little "ditch hopping". I tried on the Juki but the walking foot has very poor visibility for 'stitching in the ditch' even if you're ditch hopping. I have the Juki Exceed here, Phil Morton has allowed me a few weeks to play with it... tis rather wonderful actually... I shall have set it up and put it through it's paces, I would have done it before but it doesn't fit in the hole of my table... I'll have to improvise a bit... using a different table seems the easiest option... ooooh that sounds just too easy.. silly me!
If you would like to know a bit more about the Juki Exceed, there is a video here, it has very irritating music playing along with a rather excited sounding lady talking (not sure why they felt it was necessary to play such music really, grrrrrrr), sorry, but it's full of information.. hope you can make it to the end... he he he. If you can't and you'd like to know more, just come along to Caverswall Village Hall Wednesday's or Fridays and play with mine... I promise not to sing to you!!! ha ha ha

No comments: