Thursday 21 April 2011

Playing with Juki

I've been playing in my Quilty Quarters!! Well, not exactly playing, working! I've been studying Juki manuals... I'm so used to my Bernina machines and not all machines work the same... duh... stating the obvious eh!
I now have Juki sewing machines available at our meetings. I spent time with the lovely Exceed machine, quite an impressive, solid machine. more on that one later. The picture, TL-98 P is the one I was using to quilt my Mum's (Gwynneth) 10 Minute Block quilt, just simple meandering. It's good having the bigger hole to manoeuvre the quilt in... and it takes a little practice to control the speed of the Juki, what does practice make?... I'm practicing, I am, I am!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the Juki. I also have a Bernina, but so many quilters have used the Juki as a second machine for free motion quilting.