Wednesday 7 July 2010

Quilty Quarters

I hope you can see the progress here?
I decided on two inner borders, the blue one is a 2" cut, giving a 1 1/2" finished and the orange, tiny check one, is cut 1" which will only be a 1/2" when it's done.
I played about in the Quilty Quarters fabric department but I couldn't find and one fabric that pleased me (.... which is very important!) for the main border... so out came the now overflowing 2 1/2" strip bin!
Not a stitch was sewn yesterday, I was out all day sourcing stuff for my travelling shop....
Today is the grand opening of Caverswall Quilt Cave All Day Sewing on Wednesdays.... 10am - 3pm are you coming??

4 comments:

Gina said...

like how it looks so far.

Best of luck at your sewing day, it's a bit too far away for me I'm afraid

Love and hugs Gina xxxx

Angie said...

Wow, I only just posted that... you are fast today.... pedal to the metal too?

Ila K. said...

It sounds like much more fun than going to work today! Love the borders, and good job turning the corner!

Happy stitching!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Nice bento box quilt. Will we get to see in it person on Saturday???

Look forward to seeing you and catching up...as I missed you at the June Charity meeting.