Thursday 5 November 2009

Not so excited now....

I've been trying so hard, since I came back to the UK, to get an idea off the ground.
I have sent emails to important people and spoken on the phone to people, for hours.
Finally, on Tuesday this week, I had a very encouraging telephone conversation with one guy. All was looking rosey and very interesting....
Yesterday, Wednesday, I had a really fantastic conversation with another guy (same company) who said this company can help me, wants to help me, they wanted to promote my ideas and work with me. Made me believe I could do it,, and some.....
Today, a few hours after posting about my wonderful excitement, I spoke again to the first guy... I hope you are following because there is no point in me naming people....
It seems the guy was saying things, suggesting things and agreeing to things, he hadn't really the power to follow through.... he must have been carried away with my excitement too.


This has to happen to everyone at some time..... someone building your hopes up really high only to have another person burst your bubble.....
I'm not disappointed, well not too much, I still get to go ahead with my plan, but I will be doing it on my own, with no extra help, as far as I can see.
I am feeling a little (very) silly now, wishing I hadn't posted about my excitement, which was genuine, I promise..... I've had lovely e-mails and a few comments... you were getting excited with me.
If I were a dog I would have my tail between my legs to let you know that I am sorry for keeping you in suspense for nothing much at all... but it was fun to get the messages, and I feel better now that I have told you.
My poor mum always says that I "speak now and think later"! maybe she is right ... this time!
But I haven't given up, there are other avenues that I haven't been down yet....
I have a lady helping me to get another patchwork and quilting class started... on Sundays!!
Why should working ladies and Mum's with small kids not have a whole day stitching with their chums??? Saturdays = Daddydays ... Sundays = Mumdays.... ha ha ha
And don't forget, we'll have Bernina Aurora's to use in classes... and, who knows.... maybe Santa might bring them one of their own?????

3 comments:

Birte said...

Hi Angie
I am sorry for you, but we have a saying in Germany wich says : Things, who are hard to push thru will work out very well in the end. So keep your head up and believe in you, and you will succeed at the end.
Have a nice weekend, you powerwoman,(quiltclass on sundays)
Love Birte
I am still curious to know about your big plan.

Helen said...

Angela
Don't give up it will happen, whatever it is! Just because one door has shut, doesn't mean there isn't another door waiting to be opened. I am curious, like Birte, still. Bjs Helen

Anonymous said...

The classes on a Sunday sound interesting - any more details on this? :)