Wednesday 4 November 2009

Birte's Lone Star

Birte is very proud of this project and is happy to have me make it famous for her.... as I am happy to show it off, we are 2 happy ladies!
Birte went against her teachers advice to use white fabric for the background and chose to use this cream colour.... sometimes we have to learn the hard way.... Birte confesses that now she can see that the Lone Star would have had clearer lines showing up against a white background... something we need to consider eh!
She says the hardest part of this project was piecing the 'Y' seams. Personally, I think she did a great job! Birte loves it and, at the end of the day.... does anything else matter??? Not in my world!

4 comments:

Katie Bishop said...

I think the background makes it look more fantastic...more mysterious then a regualr lone star! This is one of my goals...but I am not there yet!

Dottymo said...

tHE LONE STAR IS WONDERFUL. THE PERFECTION AND TIME SPENT ON IT MUST HAVE BEEN HOURS, WEEKS MONTHS. THE BACKGROUND SUITS YOU NOT OTHER PEOPLE IT LOOKS WONDERFUL TAKE NO NOTICE OF OTHERS ITS YOUR WORK NOT THEIRS

Gina said...

It's wonderful

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Quinta da Quilter said...

Birte, I know you are watching . . . it is fantastic! I love how it floats!! Perfect!
Garen