Friday 9 October 2009

Good & Bad News

I exaggerate, really I do.... The good news?....... My books arrived this afternoon!!!!
There are wonderful blocks in this one, I have chosen a few... a lot... probably 120 actually... he he he, it says that each block should measure 5" if I use 4 ply and 6" with double knitting.... I sound like I know the difference don't I??? But I can knit, though.... I admit I am a little rusty....
.... and this book of crochet has just left me itching to learn. It has the most beautiful blocks in it.... I know how to make a chain... after that, puh!!! I have no clue...
And that is the bad news... sort of. The knitting thing that I joined starts properly next Saturday, 17th October.... but I will be playing with my favourite thing on that day... Quilts!!! Remember it is the Alton Quilters Exhibition on the same day... what a dilemma... never fear, my Mum knows how to crochet....
Mum... put the kettle on in the morning... I am coming over with a crochet hook/needle (?) and a ball of 2ply that might be 4 ply.... he he he
I love this block but it has a symbol with two crochet hooks which means "some experience required" so I doubt it will be my first.....
look, look, look,..

No comments: