Saturday 22 November 2008

Sunflower Blossom

Yesterday I was quilting my Pineappple Blossom quilt. Very much inspired by the fantastic sunflower border fabric that I found at Paula's I decided to call this project Sunflower Blossom, not exactly rocket science eh!
I've been pondering possible designs for days, once I decided on these sunflowers I practiced doodling them with a wooden skewer and finally had the time to get to the quilting yesterday.
I am really pleased with the results. I have 4 more sunflowers to quilt then I will have to do something to anchor the red fabrics as I don't like how the are right now.

I love the back too... it makes me smile... a lot!




It's Quilt Class this afternoon so if I crack on this morning I could get the quilting finished and be hand stitching the binding tomorrow at our Sunday Soup & Sew day

2 comments:

lacingnan said...

As it started out as a pineapple blossom design - perhaps you should simply put some 'pineapple chunks' on the red squares, without the tin of course.

SandyQuilts said...

WOW WOW WOW